Even those with the best intentions have times when holidays sneak up on them or money runs short. It seems so cold to run by the drug store and sort through the last-minute leftovers for someone as important as one’s Valentine. So what’s a person to do when time is short?
Look Online for Fast Valentines
If there is time to print out a few pages, the Internet may come to the rescue. Try searching for sites such as Free Printable Love Notes and Valentines. This fun site has sweet, cute and funny notes to print out in color and tuck into gifts, hide around the house, etc.
One may also be able to find a lovely poem to write in a homemade card, or to recite. ITunes offers fast downloads of either a favorite song, an album, or a mix of songs. Also available are movies and TV shows. These can be downloaded to a laptop and brought to the Valentine or put onto a disk.
There are many loving words on the website Love Words, Quotes, and Romantic Gifts.
Photographs Make Sweet Gifts
If a favorite photo is available on a computer, in a wallet, or nearby, many drugstores and stores such as Target and Walmart can take photo orders online and have special orders ready on the same day. Most of these stores also sell frames, candy, flowers and other last-minute gifts. However, the photo is what makes the gift truly personal.
Valentine’s Day and Hershey’s Kisses
A bag or two of chocolate Hershey’s Kisses can go a long way. Here are some ideas including these yummy candy Kisses:
- Fill a large golden box or clear bowl with Kisses and add a card with this poem: Kisses kept are wasted; Love is to be tasted. There are some you love, I know; Be not loathe to tell them so. Lips go dry and eyes grow wet Waiting to be warmly met. Keep them not in waiting yet; Kisses kept are wasted.~Edmund Vance Cooke (1866-1932)
- Put one Kiss in a tiny container with a note attached that reads, ” Happiness is like a kiss – it feels best when you give it to someone else.”
- Start a path to follow from the front door to a candlelight dinner, a comfy setting in the living room in front of a roaring fire (maybe with a date movie set up), or some other romantic place. Be sure pets can’t get to the chocolate (it is deadly to dogs).
Funny Last-Minute Loving Presents
A good way to come up with ideas is to think of things that delight your Valentine. For instance:
- For a sports fan: Memorabilia (a baseball card, team hat, etc.) with a note saying: “I’m you’re biggest fan, Valentine.”
- For a video gamer, add a note to a video game or accessory with a card that reads, “You’re a winner, Valentine” or “You’ve won my heart.”